Dexcom Starts Direct Distribution in the Netherlands
- Dexcom G6 CGM means no more fingersticks* for people with diabetes
Real-time glucose data sent wirelessly to a compatible smart device† or
- Customisable alerts and alarms for low and high glucose levels
- Share glucose levels with up to five followers‡ for additional remote monitoring
“At Dexcom, we are committed to expanding access to CGM for people with diabetes around the world. Being direct in market represents a significant step forward in allowing us to provide the best standard of care in diabetes management, bringing CGM technology to patients and healthcare providers across the Netherlands,” said
Dexcom G6 uses a small, wearable sensor and transmitter to continuously measure and send glucose levels wirelessly to a receiver or compatible smart device†, enabling people with diabetes to receive real-time glucose data without the need of scanning or to prick their finger* . The system also offers customizable alerts and alarms to help avoid potentially dangerous low and high blood sugar events.
The Dexcom G6 app for compatible iOS and Android devices† also allows users to share their glucose information with up to five followers‡, enabling family, loved ones and healthcare providers to remotely monitor them for extra peace of mind.
Dexcom G6 features at a glance:
- Elimination of fingersticks or scanning for calibration and diabetes treatment decisions*
Continuous glucose readings sent automatically every five minutes via Bluetooth to any compatible smart device† or to a
- Customisable alerts and alarms, including a new Urgent Low Soon alert, which can warn users up to 20 minutes in advance of an urgent hypoglycemic event
- Real-time data sharing with the Dexcom G6 app, allowing users to share their glucose data with up to five followers‡ to monitor their glucose levels remotely for extra peace of mind
- 10-day sensor allowing for longer wear than the previous generation Dexcom CGM
- A slim, low profile transmitter for discreet wear
- An auto-applicator designed to make sensor insertion simple with the touch of a button
- A newly designed receiver with a touchscreen display (optional display device)
- New sensor membrane that enables acetaminophen use without any effect on glucose readings§
The Dexcom G6 CGM system is indicated in
The Dexcom G6 received its CE Marking in
* If your glucose alerts and readings from the G6 do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose meter to make diabetes treatment decisions.
†For a list of compatible devices, visit www.dexcom.com/compatibility.
‡Separate Follow app required.
§G6 readings can be used to make diabetes treatment decisions when taking up to a maximum acetaminophen dose of 1,000mg every 6 hours. Taking a higher dose may affect the G6 readings.
Bijl PR, Melvin Voskuijl
Phone: +31 (0)10 284 29 29 / +31 (0)6 27 05 74 30